Tuesday, May 25
Rapid Scale Up of a Sourcing & Procurement Operation – Leaders from the Pandemic Efforts
10.00-11.30 EST | 07.00-08.30 PST
In the first of this year’s interactive workshops we will hear the biotech approach of procurement and sourcing rapid scale up in response to vaccine related pandemic efforts. Expect to gain valuable insight from this session you can apply to your own R&D therapeutic programmes to challenge what is possible when timeframes are shortened.
Going Digital: Exploring the Shift Towards Virtual Trials
11.30-13.00 EST | 08.30 – 10.00 PST
In a situation where people haven’t been able to leave their homes, the move to digitized trials has come far quicker than anticipated. Join this workshop to explore how today’s biopharma have been approaching the transition from centralized to decentralized testing models from a resourcing procurement perspective. Topics broached include:
• Sharing experiences dealing with virtual trial platforms and providers in a new digital clinical trial landscape
• How technology can bring simplification to the patient but also fulfil trial requirements
• What are the road blocks facing the industry as new virtual tools are operationalized? Where are we at in terms of an industry-level awareness of these themes?
• Discussing future best practice for supporting R&D set up and executing remote clinical trials
Chief Compliance Officer, Engrail Therapeutics
Chief Executive. Officer, PDC Pharma Strateg
Streamlined Vendor Sourcing Strategy Whilst Balancing Risks
14.00-15.30 EST | 11.00 – 12.30 PST
Over the past year pharma has seen a rethink of sourcing strategy in order to mitigate the supply chain disruptions which have threatened the progress of our internal R&D counterparts.
This workshop addresses future sourcing tactics, front of mind for many as the focus is on business continuity through pre-identified risk. Here we will discuss:
• Proactive sourcing strategy in 2021/22: Sole vs. dual sourcing
• What data is there to assess supplier financial stability and capacity to balance risk?
• Sharing streamlined processes for vendor onboarding