Registration & Welcome Coffee
9:20 am Chair’s Opening Remarks
Outlining the Temporal & Long-Term Implications of the Pandemic on R&D Procurement & Sourcing in Pharma
9:30 am Supply Chain Global Shortages: Engineering New Business Strategies & Sourcing Models To Ensure Continued R&D Operations
- Greg Mason Sr. Director, Global Categories Procurement, Lab Operations, Charles River Laboratories
• Adapting strategies to plan ahead and minimize risk in your supply chain
• Explore how to de-risk supply chain shortages with novel investment strategies
• Developing stronger partnerships with key suppliers to understand better forecast lead times and escalate critical shortages
• Improving insight into what’s really happening from an inventory perspective
• Review your existing sourcing models and vendor relationship to mitigate raw material and lab consumable shortage to ensure an undisrupted operations for scientists
10:00 am Reflecting on the Impacts of COVID: Testing Out Different Paradigms
- Sean Cumbie Vice President, Global Sourcing & Procurement, NOVAVAX
• Exploring new business cases in terms of building up inventory and strategically investing
• Lessons learnt from the pandemic: driving the implementation of new technologies
• Diving into co-investment deals with suppliers
10:30 am Panel Discussion: Emerging Technologies to Enable R&D Procurement Visibility & Spend Management
- Diane Fortune Senior Director, Strategic Procurement, Travere Therapeutics
- Ryan M Smith Associate Director, Procurement, Lyell Immunopharma
- Derek Pu Director, R&D & Ext. Manufacturing Procurement, Servier Pharmaceuticals
Now we are living in a digital world, COVID has accelerated industry-wide technology applications. Learn from experts in stimulating discussions on the benefits of implementing emerging technologies into practices to improve visibility and spend management. What are the practices that you seem to see evolving to assess and manage these risks?
Structured Networking & Morning Coffee Break
Reconnect and break the ice with your industry peers to spark conversations and share best practice over a morning coffee!
12:00 pm Pivoting to Decentralized Clinical Trials: What Have We Learned as Procurement & Sourcing Leaders?
- Andy Rios Director, R&D Procurement, AbbVie
• Reinventing thought processes – has COVID opened our minds to accepting new sourcing, procurement, and vendor onboarding processes
• Outlining the positives of running DCT: from cost to patient experience
• Balancing speed, spend and risks – future sourcing and procurement agility to support clinical development
12:30 pm Roundtable Discussion: What’s Next for Category Management?
- Akbar Alinani Senior Director, Sourcing Excellence R&D, Bristol Myers Squibb
Discussing on defining a methodology for building category strategies that can anticipate potential disruptions in the supply chain
2:00 pm Driving Internal & External Innovation in a Virtual Environment
- Brian Whitlock Vice President, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement R&D, Bristol Myers Squibb
• Effectively managing innovation in a virtual world: is the current model sustainable in the long-term?
• How to engage with internal customers’ and external stakeholders’ collaborations?
• Staying one step ahead – anticipating what your R&D team and portfolio need to find your next long-term partners
• Overcoming the challenges of supplier and vendor risk assessment in virtual world
2:30 pm Panel Discussion: What’s Next for Procurement?
- Manuele Burdese Senior Director, Head of Business Insights & Analytics Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, Bristol Myers Squibb
- Antionette Scorey Sr Director, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, Apellis Pharma
- Sam Moon Director / Head of Procurement, IGM Bio
Hear from industry experts on delving into the broader perspective of where the industry is going. How do you build thinking into your category strategies that anticipates these types of potential disruptions in the supply chain in future?
3:15 pm Session Reserved for Trialcard
- Tim Ogren General Manager Policy Reporter, Trialcard
Exploiting Emerging Technologies & Techniques in R&D Procurement
4:15 pm The Evolution of R&D Procurement
- Eric Shobe VP Global Head of R&D Procurement, Novartis
• The potential “de-evolution” of R&D procurement
• Leveraging the R&D ecosystem/open science
• Digital procurement: is this finally becoming a reality?
4:45 pm Developing Sourcing & Procurement Strategies at Lightspeed
- James Tornos Vice President, Sourcing & Enterprise Services - Research, Development and Medical Procurement, Pfizer
• Navigating a new paradigm in timelines from ideation to concept to launch
• Balancing financial optimization and supply assurance
• Bringing supply partners on board with new approaches
5:15 pm Defining KPIs & How to Best Assess Performance of your Team
- Sam Moon Director / Head of Procurement, IGM Bio
• Understanding the importance of having KPI metrics and why companies should track this
• How KPIs can identify bottlenecks in procurement and highlight areas to focus the resource on
• Exploring how bottleneck identification can turn into actionable outcomes: what are the benefits and next steps
5:45 pm Chairs Closing Remarks & End of Day 1
Career Evening & Networking
This career evening will help you build talents within your R&D Procurement & Sourcing organization.
Featuring case study on inspiring GenZ to join your team, we will be hosting a panel discussion
championing ED&I in the industry. Whether you are looking for a mentor or mentee, you can hear your