Conference Day One
Wednesday 22 May, 2019
08.30 Coffee & Registration
09.30 Chair’s Opening Remarks
From Tactical to Strategic Procurement in R&D
10.10 R&D Business Partnering: Champion to Bring Innovations to Life
- Align your business objectives with R&D needs
- From data crunching to building a foundation and strategy for long-term success
- Establishing an open and collaborative trusting relationships with your internal and external business partners
- The ultimate objective – getting quicker access to latest technologies and services for scientists, reducing speed-to-market and increasing efficiency
10.40 Debate: Who Do You Need to Get On Board?
Procurement has multiple internal customers to serve, and securing partners’ trusts and executive sponsorship are crucial to success.
Audience will have the opportunities to debate and ask for speakers’ best tips in how they navigate to form strategic steering committee prior to a ‘change’
11.15 Speed Networking & Morning Coffee
Opportunities & Tech Enablement in R&D Sourcing
12.30 AI – It’s Happening in R&D and Procurement!
- It’s no longer a buzz words – be an intelligent partner to support spend decisions, as well as R&D programs
- Lessons learned in implementation
13.00 Case Study: How Tech Enables Efficiency in R&D
- From e-sourcing to smart P2P, how technology transforms efficient procurement operations
- Embracing tech disruptions to modernize your sourcing approach
- E-marketplace, what does a good shopping experience look like for scientists?
13.30 Lunch & Networking Break
14.30 From Bottom to Top – Tail Spend vs. Top Line Growth
- A shifting mind set: from reducing tail spend to focusing on top line growth
- What does your data tell you about your supplier base and purchasing pattern?
- How can procurement add insights and value to R&D Directors?
15.00 Driving Transformative Change in Pre-Clinical Support Inputs to Deliver an Efficient R&D Program
- Key drivers and inputs for pre-clinical category management
- Defining vision and translating your strategy for an end-to-end category management
- Transition from tactical buying to forging strategic partnerships – setting the right framework and overcoming challenges
15.30 Reflections & Actions:
Based on the sessions this morning, audience will have the opportunity to reflect and discuss on actionable points in a round-table format. Delegates will be able to choose one of the following track to exchange ideas. The goal is to share one key takeaway at the end of the discussion.
- Innovations in techs to help procurement & sourcing
- What are the key objectives procurement should bring to customers?
- How should you manage data and compliance? Challenges with GDPR
16.15 Afternoon Tea & Networking Break
16.45 The Rise of Virtual Biotechs – Complete Outsourced R&D Programs
- Pros and cons of outsourcing R&D to CDMOs
- The need for clear vendor vetting, legal agreements and IP ownerships
- Flexible model to minimize risks
- What can procurement do to support this outsourcing?
17.15 Smart Guided Buying Adoption in Early R&D
- It’s not new – but it can transform your drug discovery and pre-clinical activities
- From time reduction to vendor vetting
- Content creation and enhanced ‘shopping’ experience for scientists for an easier adoption
17.30 What Did You Sign? Contract Lifecycle Management
- The longevity of R&D contracts: how often do you review and revise?
- The foundation of a positive relationship – exploring novel partnership-reward model
- How to manage changes as the project progresses?
- Understanding your risks to avoid pitfalls